Penny McCarroll, Sales Representative - 519.591.HOUSE  - Penny@KWhomes4you.com
December 2017 Newsletter
(FULL NEWS RELEASE with graphs in pdf)
Comparing Nov 2016 to Nov 2017
- Overall Residential average price UP 8.0% to $445,363;
- Average Detached home price UP 8.9% to $515,721,;
- Average Apartment Condo price UP 30.7% to $277,660;
- Average Townhouse price UP 19.3% to $369,678;
- Average Semi Detached Price UP 15.1% to $376,677.
- 246 Detached homes DOWN 30.9%;
- 99 Condos sales DOWN 15.4% [includes any property regardless of style i.e. semis, townhomes, apartment, detached etc.];
- 27 Freehold Townhouse sales DOWN 3.6%;
- 52 Semi Detached sales DOWN 67.7%.
NEWS & TIDBITS
- You'll soon be able to see less of this, while still seeing your doctor;
- Bike lanes getting $93-million boost from province;
- Declining debt highlighted in capital budget overview;
- 2018 Budget City of Kitchener - Jan. 15, 2018: Public input session;
- Region eyes 3.08 per cent tax increase;
- Toronto considers new short-term rental rules;
- Kitchener Wilmot [hydro] Outage Map.
A Snow Event is declared when a significant snowfall is expected (based on credible weather forecasts) to help crews clear city streets and keep pedestrians and cars safe.
Sign up to receive notices about Snow Events, which trigger the City of Kitchener's tag-and-tow parking bylaw.
The revised Guideline B-20 comes into effect on January 1, 2018. However, if a borrower has put down a deposit and received a mortgage eligibility assessment or pre-approval from a federally regulated lender prior to January 1, 2018, the lender has the discretion to offer the loan based on the pre-existing guideline (including the prior qualification rate).
Those Buyers who have put down a deposit on a home but don’t need a mortgage for some time or are uncertain about access to mortgage financing as a result of the revisions to Guideline B-20 should contact their federally regulated lender directly.
- Technical Backgrounder: Housing Insurance Rules and Income Tax Proposals [Revised Octy 14.17] ...a homebuyer must have a GDS ratio no greater than 39 per cent and a TDS ratio no greater than 44 per cent.
- Gross Debt Service (GDS) ratio—the carrying costs of the home, including the mortgage payment and taxes and heating costs, relative to the homebuyer’s income;
- Total Debt Service (TDS) ratio—the carrying costs of the home and all other debt payments relative to the homebuyer’s income.
- OSFI sets new mortgage rules, including stress test for uninsured borrowers;
- Rules announced last month will make it more difficult for some buyers to afford the home they want
The 5 Best Home Renovations
That Will Bring You the Highest ROI
The World’s Largest IoT Manufacturing Space
The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as "connected devices" and "smart devices"), buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
Need to know something in our Region, restaurant, activity, anything?
Try this link....
A must have book mark in your web browser
See what's happing to celebrate this season!
snapd Events Calendar... There's something for everyone!
Thank you for your continued business and referrals; they are very much appreciated, as my past business is truly my future business.
RE/MAX is Canada's leading real estate organization with over 19,000 sales associates situated throughout its more than 750 independently-owned and operated offices in Canada. The RE/MAX network, now in its 38th year, is a global real estate system operating in 90 countries, with over 6,300 independently-owned offices and over 90,000 member sales associates. RE/MAX realtors lead the industry in professional designations, experience and production while providing real estate services in residential, commercial, referral, and asset management. RE/MAX, LLC, one of the world’s leading franchisors of real estate brokerage services, is a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RMAX). For more information about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.ca.
About Integra Enterprises and RE/MAX Ontario-Atlantic Canada
RE/MAX INTEGRA is privately owned by Canadian entrepreneurs and represents nearly a third of all RE/MAX agents worldwide. Our Ontario-Atlantic region is driving towards 10,000 quality agents. Our US regions—New England, Minnesota and Wisconsin and Indiana—account for over 6,000 agents, and Europe and the Middle East account for more than 12,000 agents.
©1998-2016 The Canadian Real Estate Association. All rights reserved. MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and all related graphics are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and all related graphics are trademarks of REALTOR® Canada Inc. a corporation owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Not intended to solicit currently listed properties or Buyers who are in a "Buyer's Representation Agreement" contract. All information regarding a property for sale, rental or financing is from sources deemed reliable. No representation is made as to the accuracy thereof, and such information is subject to errors, omission, change of price, rental, commission, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. All square footage and dimensions are approximate. Exact dimensions can be obtained by retaining the services of a professional architect or engineer.
* RE/MAX 100% Club Award: Achieved a level of productivity, based on a level of gross annual commission, which were more than double the industry average on sales between $4 and $13 million in 2015.
#1 Team at RE/MAX Twin City Realty
**TOP Team: KWREG [Kitchener Waterloo Real Estate Group] Awarded Top Team for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 for the Highest level of gross sales as a Team under KWREG in all of RE/MAX Twin City for Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Brantford, Paris & New Hambrug.