Penny McCarroll, Sales Representative - 519.591.HOUSE  - Penny@KWhomes4you.com
May 20, 2017 04:40 PM
June 2017 Newsletter
REALTORS® listed 1,271 residential properties in K-W and area last month, a 38.6 per cent increase compared to May of 2016, and a 29 per cent increase compared to the previous month. It’s the first time in two years that the number of new listings put on the market has exceeded the 1,000 unit mark. The five-year average for new listings in May is 989.
While more homes were listed in May, it continues to be a seller’s market in Waterloo region and across the Greater Golden Horseshoe (GGH) as inventories remain tight at near or less than one month of inventory…
(FULL NEWS RELEASE with graphs in pdf)
Comparing May 2016 to May 2017
- Overall Residential average price UP 31% to $496,664;
- Average Detached home price UP 35.3% to $ 594,047;
- Average Apartment Condo price UP 25.83% to $293,158;
- Average Townhouse price UP 30% to $361,198;
- Average Semi Detached Price UP 29.3% to $383,819.
- 493 Detached homes sales UP 3.8%;
- 180 Condos sales UP 7.8% [include any property regardless of style i.e. semis, townhomes, apartment, detached etc.];
- 70 Freehold Townhouse sales UP 22.86%;
- 64 Semi Detached sales UP 39.10%.
NEWS & TIDBITS
- Second LRT vehicle delivery delayed to late August at earliest [Jun20.17];
- Communitech’s tech savvy is admired around the world;
- Study shows big smart meter investment yielded small electricity savings;
- Canada 150 goes to the dogs in East Ward;
- Kitchener’s King Street underpass to open in mid-July;
- Waterloo's neighbourhood strategy street team coming to an event near you;
- McLennan Park remediation to commence in June;
- New restaurants in Waterloo Region for 2016 [so far and will add 2017 when found… please forward any other new restaurants you have ventured into!];
- Also check out Andrew Coppolino’s Waterloo Region Eats;
- Kitchener Wilmot [hydro] Outage Map
RE/MAX 2017 Spring Market Trends Report
Beyond price, Canadians ranked the following as important factors when considering a home purchase:
• Access to green spaces and parks (77%)
• Proximity to work (66%)
• Proximity to retail centres (65%)
66% of Canadians feel location impacts buying decisions more than a home’s style or size
Source: RE/MAX Spring Market Trends survey conducted by Lege
The housing market in Kitchener – Waterloo has remained brisk to start the year, primarily driven by move-over buyers from Toronto seeking affordability.
Low interest rates, a low Canadian dollar, and the two universities in the area continue to strengthen the region’s robust tech sector; creating jobs and attracting buyers. Increased commuter accessibility to Toronto due to GO Train improvements and the development of LRT lines is bringing more buyers to the region. Detached, single-family homes are seeing the most activity, with several properties receiving multiple offers, even in the upper-end of the market. There is approximately 1.5 months of inventory, and properties stay on the market for an average of 3-4 weeks.
The city is in the process of conducting a comprehensive review of its zoning bylaw. The zoning bylaw is a legal document that specifies how land can be used through regulations (property setbacks, building heights etc.) and permissions (residential, commercial, mixed-use etc). The city's current bylaw is 30 years old and it requires an update as a result of the city's new Official Plan (approved by the Region of Waterloo and currently under appeal). It is also important to ensure the bylaw reflects…[continued via link]
Free admission to all of the National Parks, Historic Sites and Marine Conservation Areas. Click here to order your free pass. (I did!)
Explore parks in Ontario! There are two National Historic sites right here in Kitchener! Click on the parks below for more information.
- Woodside National Historic Site (Kitchener)
- Waterloo Pioneers Memorial Tower (Kitchener)
- HMCS Haida National Historic Site
- Fort George National Historic Site
- Queenston Heights National Historic Site
- Southwold Earthworks National Historic Site
- Point Pelee National Park
- Bruce Peninsula National Park
- Fathom Five National Marine Conservation Area
- Georgian Bay Islands National Park
New Ontario Land Transfer Tax Rebate (January, 2017)
Contact Penny for additional information
[click on graphic]
Technical Backgrounder: Housing Insurance Rules and Income Tax Proposals
Real-estate reform: What you need to know about Ottawa’s overhaul
Rules announced last month will make it more difficult for some buyers to afford the home they want
The 5 Best Home Renovations
That Will Bring You the Highest ROI
The World’s Largest IoT Manufacturing Space
The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as "connected devices" and "smart devices"), buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
Need to know something in our Region, restaurant, activity, anything?
Try this link....
A must have book mark in your web browser
See what's happing to celebrate this season!
Can you feel it? The chill in the air, the changing leaves, and the scent of pumpkin spice floating through the air is all the indication we need that autumn has arrived! The days are shorter, and with the busy days upon us we are seeing less and less daylight meaning you have to make the most of the time you do have!
<--CLICK on this photo for the pdf version
snapd Events Calendar... There's something for everyone!
Thank you for your continued business and referrals; they are very much appreciated, as my past business is truly my future business.
RE/MAX is Canada's leading real estate organization with over 19,000 sales associates situated throughout its more than 750 independently-owned and operated offices in Canada. The RE/MAX network, now in its 38th year, is a global real estate system operating in 90 countries, with over 6,300 independently-owned offices and over 90,000 member sales associates. RE/MAX realtors lead the industry in professional designations, experience and production while providing real estate services in residential, commercial, referral, and asset management. RE/MAX, LLC, one of the world’s leading franchisors of real estate brokerage services, is a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RMAX). For more information about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.ca.
About Integra Enterprises and RE/MAX Ontario-Atlantic Canada
RE/MAX INTEGRA is privately owned by Canadian entrepreneurs and represents nearly a third of all RE/MAX agents worldwide. Our Ontario-Atlantic region is driving towards 10,000 quality agents. Our US regions—New England, Minnesota and Wisconsin and Indiana—account for over 6,000 agents, and Europe and the Middle East account for more than 12,000 agents.
©1998-2016 The Canadian Real Estate Association. All rights reserved. MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and all related graphics are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and all related graphics are trademarks of REALTOR® Canada Inc. a corporation owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Not intended to solicit currently listed properties or Buyers who are in a "Buyer's Representation Agreement" contract. All information regarding a property for sale, rental or financing is from sources deemed reliable. No representation is made as to the accuracy thereof, and such information is subject to errors, omission, change of price, rental, commission, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. All square footage and dimensions are approximate. Exact dimensions can be obtained by retaining the services of a professional architect or engineer.
* RE/MAX 100% Club Award: Achieved a level of productivity, based on a level of gross annual commission, which were more than double the industry average on sales between $4 and $13 million in 2015.
#1 Team at RE/MAX Twin City Realty
**TOP Team: KWREG [Kitchener Waterloo Real Estate Group] Awarded Top Team for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 for the Highest level of gross sales as a Team under KWREG in all of RE/MAX Twin City for Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Brantford, Paris & New Hambrug.