Penny McCarroll, Sales Representative - 519.591.HOUSE  - Penny@KWhomes4you.com
Pumpkin Patch Client Appreciation Event!
Saturday, October 14th, 2017
October 2017 Newsletter
On a year-to-date basis 5,357 residential units have sold compared to 5,239 during the same period in 2016, an increase of 2.3 per cent...
…“We are seeing strong demand continue into the autumn” said KWAR President James Craig. Residential listing inventory on the KWAR’s MLS® System to the end of Septembers totalled 843, which is ahead of September of last year, but represents just half the number of listings that were on the market in the previous five years (2011-2015) for September.
(FULL NEWS RELEASE with graphs in pdf)
Comparing Sept 2016 to Sept 2017
- Overall Residential average price UP 12% to $455,079;
- Average Detached home price UP 10% to $513,873;
- Average Apartment Condo price UP 6% to $261,337;
- Average Townhouse price UP 20.9% to $359,448;
- Average Semi Detached Price UP 19% to $372,226.
- 285 Detached homes DOWN 14.2%;
- 105 Condos sales DOWN 19.2% [include any property regardless of style i.e. semis, townhomes, apartment, detached etc.];
- 37 Freehold Townhouse sales UP 12.1%;
- 38 Semi Detached sales UP 22.6%.
If you would like any other statistical data, such as neighbourhood statistics, etc... Please e-Mail Me
NEWS & TIDBITS
- Kitchener’s Lot42 transforms steel mill into ‘global flex campus’ [9.26.17] An events and office space which has transformed what used to be a heavy industrial site is about to open in Kitchener, Ont.;
- Home affordability in Canada worst in almost 30 years, Toronto’s worst ever, says RBC [9.29.17]
- Why your water rates may increase in Kitchener [9.26.17];
- GTA municipalities team up in ‘blockbuster bid’ for Amazon headquarters [9.13.17]…Though Global Toronto was conceived to include the immediate GTA area at the time of its launch in February 2017, Tory said he hopes to partner with cities like Waterloo and Hamilton in this bid and for future projects…;
- 'No doubt:' Waterloo Region to join Toronto in bid for Amazon HQ [9.14.17];
- Amazon's HQ2 would 'anchor' Toronto-Waterloo tech corridor [10.05.17];
- Businesses in Uptown Waterloo upset about more road work [5 p.m. news conference 9.11.17];
- Kitchener Wilmot [hydro] Outage Map
It's Pumpkin Time!
RE/MAX 2017 RECREATIONAL PROPERTY REPORT
More and more cars, filled with families and couples are piling up on the highway trying to escape the city at the end of each week. Whether people are heading to their cottage or a well-planned rental, there’s no denying quiet time is of the essence and people like to vacation around beautiful scenery. Knowing this, there is no better time to release the 2017 RE/MAX Recreational Property Report!
<---Click on the photo for this report in pdf
Welcoming Our Neighbours to the South with New U.S. Landing Pages on REALTOR.ca
Region of Waterloo International Airport Master Plan
…The Master Plan presents a vision and strategy to guide the future of the airport and provides a set of recommendations to optimize the airport's commercial value over the next 20 years (2017-2036). The Business Plan supports the Master Plan by implementing a number of strategic operational actions over the next five years.
RE/MAX 2017 Spring Market Trends Report
Beyond price, Canadians ranked the following as important factors when considering a home purchase:
• Access to green spaces and parks (77%)
• Proximity to work (66%)
• Proximity to retail centres (65%)
66% of Canadians feel location impacts buying decisions more than a home’s style or size
Source: RE/MAX Spring Market Trends survey conducted by Lege
The housing market in Kitchener – Waterloo has remained brisk to start the year, primarily driven by move-over buyers from Toronto seeking affordability.
Low interest rates, a low Canadian dollar, and the two universities in the area continue to strengthen the region’s robust tech sector; creating jobs and attracting buyers. Increased commuter accessibility to Toronto due to GO Train improvements and the development of LRT lines is bringing more buyers to the region. Detached, single-family homes are seeing the most activity, with several properties receiving multiple offers, even in the upper-end of the market. There is approximately 1.5 months of inventory, and properties stay on the market for an average of 3-4 weeks.
The city is in the process of conducting a comprehensive review of its zoning bylaw. The zoning bylaw is a legal document that specifies how land can be used through regulations (property setbacks, building heights etc.) and permissions (residential, commercial, mixed-use etc). The city's current bylaw is 30 years old and it requires an update as a result of the city's new Official Plan (approved by the Region of Waterloo and currently under appeal). It is also important to ensure the bylaw reflects…[continued via link]
Free admission to all of the National Parks, Historic Sites and Marine Conservation Areas. Click here to order your free pass. (I did!)
Explore parks in Ontario! There are two National Historic sites right here in Kitchener! Click on the parks below for more information.
- Woodside National Historic Site (Kitchener)
- Waterloo Pioneers Memorial Tower (Kitchener)
- HMCS Haida National Historic Site
- Fort George National Historic Site
- Queenston Heights National Historic Site
- Southwold Earthworks National Historic Site
- Point Pelee National Park
- Bruce Peninsula National Park
- Fathom Five National Marine Conservation Area
- Georgian Bay Islands National Park
New Ontario Land Transfer Tax Rebate (January, 2017)
Contact Penny for additional information
Technical Backgrounder: Housing Insurance Rules and Income Tax Proposals
Real-estate reform: What you need to know about Ottawa’s overhaul
Rules announced last month will make it more difficult for some buyers to afford the home they want
The 5 Best Home Renovations
That Will Bring You the Highest ROI
The World’s Largest IoT Manufacturing Space
The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles (also referred to as "connected devices" and "smart devices"), buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
Need to know something in our Region, restaurant, activity, anything?
Try this link....
A must have book mark in your web browser
See what's happing to celebrate this season!
snapd Events Calendar... There's something for everyone!
Thank you for your continued business and referrals; they are very much appreciated, as my past business is truly my future business.
RE/MAX is Canada's leading real estate organization with over 19,000 sales associates situated throughout its more than 750 independently-owned and operated offices in Canada. The RE/MAX network, now in its 38th year, is a global real estate system operating in 90 countries, with over 6,300 independently-owned offices and over 90,000 member sales associates. RE/MAX realtors lead the industry in professional designations, experience and production while providing real estate services in residential, commercial, referral, and asset management. RE/MAX, LLC, one of the world’s leading franchisors of real estate brokerage services, is a subsidiary of RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RMAX). For more information about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.ca.
About Integra Enterprises and RE/MAX Ontario-Atlantic Canada
RE/MAX INTEGRA is privately owned by Canadian entrepreneurs and represents nearly a third of all RE/MAX agents worldwide. Our Ontario-Atlantic region is driving towards 10,000 quality agents. Our US regions—New England, Minnesota and Wisconsin and Indiana—account for over 6,000 agents, and Europe and the Middle East account for more than 12,000 agents.
©1998-2016 The Canadian Real Estate Association. All rights reserved. MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®, and all related graphics are trademarks of The Canadian Real Estate Association. REALTOR®, REALTORS®, and all related graphics are trademarks of REALTOR® Canada Inc. a corporation owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Not intended to solicit currently listed properties or Buyers who are in a "Buyer's Representation Agreement" contract. All information regarding a property for sale, rental or financing is from sources deemed reliable. No representation is made as to the accuracy thereof, and such information is subject to errors, omission, change of price, rental, commission, prior sale, lease or financing, or withdrawal without notice. All square footage and dimensions are approximate. Exact dimensions can be obtained by retaining the services of a professional architect or engineer.
* RE/MAX 100% Club Award: Achieved a level of productivity, based on a level of gross annual commission, which were more than double the industry average on sales between $4 and $13 million in 2015.
#1 Team at RE/MAX Twin City Realty
**TOP Team: KWREG [Kitchener Waterloo Real Estate Group] Awarded Top Team for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 for the Highest level of gross sales as a Team under KWREG in all of RE/MAX Twin City for Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge, Brantford, Paris & New Hambrug.